Policies & Plans
|Name||Shri. Devendra Fadnavis|
|Date of Birth||22nd July 1970|
|Educational Qualification|| |
- Hon'ble Chairman of the Authority, which is the highest policy making body of MMRDA.
- 31st October 2014 onwards - Chief Minister of Maharashtra
Peoples' Representation :
- Member, Maharashtra Legislative Assembly - 4 Consecutive terms, since 1999.
- Member, Nagpur Municipal Corporation - for 2 consecutive terms, during 1992 to 2001.
- Mayor, City of Nagpur - 1997 to 2001.
- Youngest Mayor of Nagpur and second youngest Mayor of in India.
- Mayor in Council - Re-elected, First in the State to receive such an honour.
Political Profile :
- President, BJP Maharashtra.
- General Secretary, BJP Maharashtra Pradesh.
- National Vice President, Bhartiya Janata Yuva Morcha.
- State Vice President, Bhartiya Janata Yuva Morcha.
- Nagpur City President, Bharitya Janata Yuva Morcha.
- Office Bearer, Nagpur (West) BJP.
- Ward Convenor, BJP.
Legislative Committees :
- Served as a member on Estimate Committee, Rules Committee, Public Undertaking Committee, Maharashtra Jeevan Pradhikaran, Standing Committee on Urban Development and Housing, Joint Select Committee on Reserve Funds, Joint Select Committee on Self Finance Schools.
Social Contribution :
- Secretary, Global Parliamentarians Forum on Habitat for Asia region
- Resource Person on Urban Infrastructure Financing & Political Management issues.
- Member of Executive Council, Rambhau Mhalgi Prabodhini, Mumbai (NGO recognized by United Nation).
- Vice President, Central Hindu Military Education Society, Nashik.
- President, Nagpur District Basketball Association.
- Senate Member, Rashtra Sant Tukdoji Maharaj Nagpur University.
International Presence :
- Participation and presentation – International Environmental Summit at Honolulu, USA (1999).
- U.S.National Conference of State Legislatures at Washington and Nashville, USA (2005).
- Presentation on ‘Disaster Mitigation and Management in India' at International summit organized by IDRC-UNESCO-WCDR at Davos, Switzerland (2006).
- Presented a paper on ‘Natural Disasters Mitigation-Issues on Ecological and Social Risk' at Global Environmental Change Congress at Beijing in China organized by WMO-ESSP (2006).
- Represented India in ASEM meeting of young political leaders from Asia and Europe at Copenhagen, Denmark (2007).
- Presented paper on ‘Energy Security issues' at New Generation Seminar organized by East-West Centre of U.S.Federal government (2008).
- Member of High Level Delegation of Commonwealth Parliamentary Association to Australia, New Zealand and Singapore (2008).
- Member of delegation of INDO RUSSIA chamber of Commerce to Moscow, Russia (2010).
- Participated at Global Parliamentarian Forum on Habitat at Coroatioa, Europe (2011).
- Participated at GPH Asia regional meet at Malaysia (2012).
- Member of delegation invited by United Nations' Habitat at UN headquarters at Nairobi in Kenya (2012).
- ‘Best Parliamentarian' Award for year 2002-2003 by the Commonwealth Parliamentarian Association.
- ‘Best Speaker' Award in National Inter University Debate
- ‘Most Challenging Youth' regional Award by Rotary Club.
- ‘Best Parliamentarian' Award in the memory of Late Pramodji Mahajan by Muktchand, Pune.
- ‘RAJYOGI NETA' Award by Prunavad Parivar, Nashik.