Airport Slum Rehabilitation Project
Finance & Accounts
Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission
Lands & Estate Cell
Maha Mumbai Metro Operation Limited
Maharashtra Nature Park Society
Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation
Social Development Cell
Town and Country Planning
Transport & Communications
Details of Project
MMRDA MUMBAI has given location clearance to 44 projects of houses on rental basis. By which around 40,441 flats (of 320 sq.ft floor area) are expected to be created. Among them, as per the government's instructions, Thane M.N.P. 3,524 residential flats in the project here and Meera Bhayander M.N.P. 1,750 residents of the project here have been allotted by the Housing Authority respectively to Thane M.N.P. and Meera Bhayander have been transferred to MP. Also, 11,578 flats in U-1 and U-2 sectors have been reserved for mill workers and around 4,929 have been made available for allotment. Also, about 772 (661 of 160 sq.ft floor area and 111 of 320 sq.ft floor area) commercial flats (shops) are expected to be constructed.
Present Status of Rental Housing Scheme.
- MMRDA has granted Location Clearance to 44 Rental Housing proposals generating about 40,441 RHUs (of 320 Sq.ft. carpet area) .
- Out of which as per Government directives, MMRDA has handed over 3,524 residential units to TMC and 1,750 RHU to MBMC.
- In U1, U2 area of MMR 11,578 Units are reserved for Mill worker and around 4,929 Units are made available to them.
- Also, 772 (160 Sq. Ft. Carpet area 661 & 320 Sq. Ft. area 111) Shops are expected to be generated.
Allotment Policy for Rental housing residential tenements:
- As per Govt. directives dated 22nd August 2013, about 50% of the RHUs generated from ULB areas are to be utilized for Transit Accommodation and as per Govt. directives dated 21st February 2014, about 50% of RHUs generated from U-1, U-2 areas of MMR are to be earmarked for allotment on ownership basis to the Mill workers.
- As decided in the 149th meeting of the Authority held on 07th July 2020 and as per the approval granted by Govt. vide letter dated 24th December 2020, the revised policy for allotment of tenements from the remaining 50% RHUs in ULB & U-1 & U-2 areas is as follows:
- 3% Tenements reserved for class 3 and class 4 workers of MMRDA to be allotted on ownership basis.
- 97% Tenements reserved for MMRDA's PAP as decided by the Authority on priority basis or PAP's of other Urban Local bodies.
- As per the policy of allotment of shops finalised by MMRDA in its 134th Authority meeting held on 27th June, 2014, the shops generated from Rental Housing Scheme are either to be utilized by MMRDA for its PAPs, as required or to be handed over to the Urban Local Bodies located within their jurisdiction as per the rates quoted in ASR, if requested. While the balance shops to be sold in open market by tendering.
- Since August, 2014, the Government has replaced the ‘Rental Housing Scheme' with the ‘Affordable Housing Scheme' in the Municipal areas and has discontinued the rental Housing Scheme in the non-municipal areas of MMR.
Functions of Division
- To grant revised Location Clearance and Layout approval to eligible RH proposals and designating adequate amenity spaces.
- To execute agreements with RH proponents.
- To facilitate taking over and allotment of tenements under RHS.
- To coordinate with Engineering Division for monitoring the construction of Rental Housing Units (RHUs).
- To facilitate external infrastructure development in non-municipal areas.
- To raise demand, receipt and utilization of infrastructure development charges under RHS.