Metro Line - 7
Mumbai Metro Line 7 (ANDHERI EAST - DAHISAR EAST)
- Metro Line 7 from Andheri (E) to Dahisar (E) is 16.5 km. long elevated corridor with 13 stations.
- It shall provide interconnectivity among the existing Western Express Highway, Metro Line 1 (Ghatkopar to Versova), the ongoing Metro Line 2A (Dahisar to D N Nagar) and the Metro Line 6 (Swami Samarth Nagar to Vikhroli).
- It shall facilitate smooth and efficient interchange with the suburban rail system and MRT system at Andheri, JVLR and Dahisar.
- It shall provide connectivity between the Central Mumbai and the Northern suburban Mumbai.
- It shall provide rail based access to the Mumbai International Airport (CSMIA), SEEPZ, National Park and other commercial and geographical landmarks.
- It shall reduce the current travel time by anything between 50% and 75% depending on road conditions.
|Length||16.5 km (Elevated)|
|Stations||13 Nos. (All elevated)|
|1. Gundavali, 2. Mogra, 3. Jogeshwari(East), 4. Goregaon(East), 5. Aarey, 6. Dindoshi, 7. Kurar, 8. Akurli, 9. Poisar, 10. Magathane, 11. Devipada, 12. Rashtriya Udyan, 13. Ovaripada|
|Elevated / Underground||Elevated along Western Express Highway|
|Interchange stations for Metro||
|Project completion cost||Rs. 6,208 Cr.|
|Daily Ridership :|
|2031||Daily Ridership - 6.68 Lakhs (PHPDT- 18,584)|
Updates as on 17 th April 2023
- Phase I (Dahisar (E)-Aarey)
10.7 km with 9 stations (Aarey, Dindoshi, Kurar, Akurli, Poisar, Magathane, Devipada, Rashtriya Udyan, Ovaripada) is operational from 2nd April, 2022.
- Phase II (Aarey-Andheri (E)
5.8 km with 4 stations (Gundavali, Mogra, Jogeshwari(East), Goregaon(East)) is operational from 19th January, 2023.