Transport & Communications
Shri. M. Mahadev
Transport & Communications
Transport and Communications is the oldest and important division in the Authority. The Transport and Communications Division has always been at the forefront for the Development of Transport Infrastructure in the Mumbai Metropolitan Region.
The Division prepares Project Preparatory reports such as feasibility Reports and Detailed Project Reports required for the implementation of major projects such as Metro rail, Mono rail, Roads, Highways, etc. This division also implements short and medium term traffic measures.
Currently, the division is handing projects and works like Nariman Point – Colaba Bridge, Funicular Railway, Integrated Ticketing System, Pedestrian Suspension Bridge, Vehicular Bridge, Multi-Modal Integration and FOB at Metro Stations, Signage, Road Marking and other road safety measures.
Transport and Communications Division has been continuously coordinating with various departments in the field of urban transport in the Mumbai Metropolitan Region.
Transport and Communications Division assists Unified Mumbai Metropolitan Transport Authority in planning, implementing and institutional strengthening proposals for Urban Local Bodies (ULBs) in Mumbai Metropolitan Region. This division also coordinates with the concerned agencies to tackle the transport challenges through integrated and complementary schemes and initiatives.
The projects/works undertaken by this Division are as follows:
- Comprehensive Transport Study and its periodic updation
- Access Control Study of WEH.
- Mumbai Metro Master Plan
- Metro Line - 1 Versova - Andheri - Ghatkopar related works
- Metro Line - 8 (Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport - Navi Mumbai International Airport) (Detailed Project Report)
- Metro Line - 13 (Bhayander-Virar) (Detailed Project Report)
- Metro Line - 14 (Vikhroli-Badlapur) (Detailed Project Report)
- Metro Line - 5 Thane - Bhiwandi - Kalyan (Detailed Project Report)
- Monorail (Sant Gadge Maharaj Chowk - Wadala - Chembur)
- Interstate Bus Terminal, Wadala
- Integrated Ticketing System in Mumbai Metropolitan Region.
- Urban Ropeway (Borivali to Gorai)
- Funicular Railway at Matheran
- Pedestrian Suspension Bridge (Bandra-Kurla Complex (E-Block) to Maharashtra Nature Park)
- Multi-Modal Integration at Metro Stations (Metro 2A and Metro 7)
- Automatic Rapid Transit System in BKC
- Commercial Development of Wadala Depot.
- Assisting Unified Mumbai Metropolitan Transport Authority (UMMTA)
You can reach through email at: Shri. M. Mahadev, Chief (Addl.Charge )
Transport & Communications : firstname.lastname@example.org
The primary function of Transport & Communications Division is overall Transport Planning, Designing, Funding and Implementation of selected transport infrastructure projects. Surveys and studies in transport sector, carrying out traffic impact assessment studies for MMR as and when directed by Government, advising Government on transport related issues.
This division implements small scale Traffic improvement proposals, Junction improvements, Landscaping & Beautification of junctions etc. and Implementation of Multimodal Integration proposals of Mumbai Metro Lines Stations.
List of Ongoing Studies/Project:
- Metro Line-1 Related works
- Metro Line -5 Extension-DPR
- DPR of Metro Line -8 From CSMIA Airport to Mankhurd
- DPR of Metro Line -13 Mira Bhayander to Virar
- DPR of Metro Line -14 Kanjurmarg - Badlapur
- Bridge Connecting Nariman Point to Colaba
- MTHL Dispersal & Worli-Sewri Dispersal
- Bandra-Kurla Complex Pedestrian Bridge
- FOBs at Metro Line -7 Stns
- Signage in & around Bandra-Kurla Complex
- Road Markings in & around Bandra-Kurla Complex
- Road Signage & Marking at Wadala & Oshiwara
- Western Express Highway Cycle Track
- Multi Modal Integration Metro Line - 2A&7
- Multi Modal Integration for Metro Line -4&4A
- Multi Modal Integration for Metro Line - 7A & 9 (11 Stations)
- Multi Modal Integration for Metro Line 2B (20 Stations)
- Multi Modal Integration for Metro Line 6 (13 Stations)
- Multi Modal Integration for Metro Line 5 (6 Stations Phase-I)
- Matheran Funicular Railway
- Mahavir Nagar Metro Station-Gorai Ropeway Corrdor
- Badlapur Railway Station- Station Area Traffic Improvement Scheme
- Unified Mumbai Metropolitan Transport Authority
- Transport Statistics for MMR: Book Publication
|1||Metro Line 1 (Versova-Andheri-Ghatkopar)||Download (10.21 MB)|
|2||Metro Line 2A (Dahisar to D. N. Nagar||Download (13.39 MB)|
|3||Metro Line 2B (D. N. Nagar to Mandale)||Download (31.76 MB)|
|4||Metro Line 4 (Wadala to Kasarvadavali)||Download (47.99 MB)|
|5||Metro Line 4 (Wadala to Kasarvadavali)||Download (12.7 MB)|
|6||Metro Line 4 A- EXTENSION OF LINE-4 FROM KASARVADAVALI TO GAIMUKH||Download (15.36 MB)|
|7||Metro Line 6 (Swami Samarth Nagar-JVLR-SEEPZ-Kanjurmarg-Vikhroli (EEH))||Download (14.49 MB)|
|8||Metro Line 7 (Andheri (E) to Dahisar (E))||Download (11.43 MB)|
|9||Metro Line 7A & 9 Andheri (E) to CSIA & Dahisar to Mira Bhayander||Download (15.71 MB)|
|10||Metro Line 10 - GAIMUKH TO SHIVAJI CHOWK (MIRA ROAD)||Download (11.34 MB)|
|11||Metro Line 11 - Wadala to CSTM||Download (14.4 MB)|
|12||Metro Line 12 Kalyan to Taloja||Download (14.07 MB)|