Metro Line - 6
Swami Samarth Nagar to Vikhroli (EEH)
- Metro Line-6, in between Swami Samarth Nagar to Vikhroli(EEH) has been proposed to provide further inputs in the infrastructure of Greater Mumbai.
- Proposed Metro line is 15.31 Km in length & running from Swami Samarth Nagar to Vikhroli (EEH) passing through Jogeshwari, WEH, Powai.
- This line is fully elevated and it connects Western Express & Eastern Express Highways.
- It gives interchange facilities at Adarsh Nagar of Line-2A, JVLR station of Line-7, Aarey Depot station of Line-3 and Gandhi Nagar of Line-4 at different locations.
- It has 13 stations & most of the alignment is passing on the median of Jogeshwari-Vikhroli link road.
- Similar to other Metro lines it has Integrated ticketing system, Lifts, escalators & staircase facilities in addition to improved footpaths with rams for differently disabled and senior citizens.
- From S.S.Nagar to Mahakali, out of 4.750 Km (approx.), 2.58 Km combined Road flyover with Metro line will also be constructed on the same single pier at road median to provide an addition transport facility in collaboration with MCGM.
- No major environmentally sensitive or archeologically important areas are directly affected during the construction of this metro line.
- The main benefit is time saving for travelling in between Andheri to EEH by 30-45 minutes.
METRO LINE 6 – Swami Samarth Nagar – Vikhroli
|Stations||13 Nos. (All elevated)|
|Depot locations||Kanjurmarg (15.02 Ha)|
|Station Names||1. Swami Samarth Nagar 2. Adarsh Nagar
3. Jogeshwari (W) 4. JVLR
5. Shyam Nagar 6. Maha kali Caves
7. SEEPZ Village 8. Saki Vihar Road
9. Rambaug 10. Powai Lake
11. IIT, Powai 12. Kanjur Marg (W)
13. Vikhroli (EEH)
|Interchange stations||1. Metro Line 2A at Infinity Mall
2. Metro Line 7 at JVLR
3. Metro Line 3 at Arey Colony Area
4. Metro Line 4 at Kanjurmarg West
5. Suburban Railways (Western) at Jogeshwari & (Central
Railway) at Kanjurmarg.
|Project completion cost||₹ 6,716 Cr.|
|Ridership||Year 2031- 7.69 Lakhs/ day (PHPDT – 29,658)|
|Rolling Stock||Width : 3.20 m
Height : 3.9 m
Length 21.84 m
Metro Line 6 : Details of Civil Packages :-
|Package||Name of Contractor||Location||Length (Kms)||Nos. of stations||Date of Award / completion||Contract awarded cost(Rs.In Cr)|
|BC-03||M/s. J. Kumar – CTRG (JV)||Swami Samarth Nagar stn. To Mahakali stn. (excluding)||6.080||5||07.08.2018/
|BC-02R||M/s. MBZ-EIIL (JV)||Mahakali stn. (including) to Powai Lake stn. (including)||4.329||5||05.09.2018/ 31.03.2024||372.22|
|BC-01R1||M/s. J. Kumar Infraproject Ltd.||Powai Lake stn. (excluding) to Vikhroli (EEH)||4.904||3||13.02.2019/ 31.03.2024||444.98|
Expected completion of project Civil work :- October 2024.
Expected completion of Metro Line-6 Project (Civil + System) :- April-2026
- Public Information - Kirti Compound
- Kirti Compund- Draft Annexure-II
- Notice pratap Nagar
- Pratap Nagar Draft Annexure-II
- Notice Adarsh nagar
- Adarsh Nagar Draft Annexure-II
- Public Information Bandrekarwadi
- Bandrekar wadi - Draft Annexure
- Public Information Swami Samarth Nagar
- Durga Nager - Draft Annexure
- Public Information
- Santoshi Mata Nager- Draft Annexure
- Shyam Nager- Draft Annexure
- Subhash Nager- Draft Annexure