Metro Line 2B
Mumbai Metro Line 2B (D.N. NAGAR - MANDALE)
- Metro Line 2B from D N Nagar to Mandale is 23.643 km. long elevated corridor with 20 stations.
- It shall provide interconnectivity among the existing Western Express Highway, Eastern Express Highway, Western Railway, Central Railway, Mono Rail, Metro Line 1 (Ghatkopar to Versova) and Metro Line 2A (Dahisar to D N Nagar), Metro Line 4 (Wadala to Kasarvadavali) & Metro Line 3 (Colaba to SEEPZ) under implementation.
- It shall provide connectivity between the Eastern & Western Suburban Mumbai.
- It shall provide rail based access to the commercial, Govt. bodies and geographical landmarks in Mumbai.
- Dedicated Depot is planned at Mandale in up to an extent of 31.4 Ha. land area and the work is under construction for Depot.
- It shall reduce the current travel time by anything between 50% and 75% depending on road conditions.
|Length||23.643 km (Elevated)|
|Stations||20 Nos. (All Elevated)|
|1. ESIC Nagar, 2. Prem Nagar, 3. Indira Nagar, 4. Nanavati Hospital, 5. Khira Nagar, 6.Saraswat Nagar, 7. National College, 8. Bandra Metro, 9. Income Tax office, 10. ILFS, 11. MTNL Metro, 12. SG Barve Marg, 13. Kurla(E), 14. EEH, 15. Chembur, 16. Diamond Garden, 17. Shivaji Chowk, 18.BSNL Metro, 19.Mankhurd, 20.Mandale Metro|
|Elevated / Underground||Fully Elevated|
|Depot||Mandale (31.4 Ha)|
|Interchange stations for Metro||
|Project completion cost||Rs. 10,986 Cr. (incl state taxes, 7.5% p.a escalation and IDC)|
|2031||Daily Ridership - 10.5 Lakhs (PHPD 38509)|
Updates as on 25.09.2023
|Sr. No.||Name of Work||Status|
|6||Pier Cap Works||
Casting – 68.09%
|7||U Girder Works||
Casting – 58.08%
|8||Mandale Depot works||80.72%|