Development of Salt Pan Lands
- Appointment of MMRDA as Implementation Agency in 2004
- Government of Maharashtra (GoM) vide GR dated 14.06.2004 has appointed MMRDA as the implementing agency for development of Salt pan lands in Mumbai.
- Appointment of Nodal Officer & Constitution of High Power Committee-2015
- Revenue and Forest Department, Govt. of Maharashtra by its GR dated 24.07.2015 has appointed Principal Secretary (Revenue) as a Nodal Officer to coordinate with the various administrative departments of Maharashtra Government, communicating with the Central Government on behalf of the State Government and presenting the role of the State Government, providing necessary information to the Central Government, etc.
- Revenue and Forest Department, Govt. of Maharashtra by its GR dated 21.08.2015 designated MMRDA to prepare Master Plan of Salt Pan Lands located in MCGM area and within the revenue jurisdictions of Mumbai City and Mumbai Suburban District and in order to co-ordinate and supervise the process of preparation of this Master Plan, a High Power Committee (HPC) is constituted under the Chairmanship of Hon. Chief Secretary, Govt. of Maharashtra.
- There are 40 Salt Works under 2 Salt Circles (Bhandup & Bhayander) in 4 Salt factories (i.e. Rai-4, Trombay-20, Bhandup-9 & Wadala-7) spread over 13 revenue villages in 2 Revenue District of Mumbai City & Mumbai Suburban within MCGM jurisdiction boundary.
- The total area of 40 Salt Pan Lands is 5221.34 Acres (as per GIS) and 5377.23 Acres (as per Salt Dept.)
The preparation of Master Plan of Salt Pan Lands is in process.